welcome to the hike!

Working out the call!

I currently living in Millersburg or as God whispered in me ear four years ago in PA, "the land of my Fathers!" MILLERS - burg! OK! The best way to describe my life of late, is simply "Pastor-at-Large" I live "outside the box" of our usual expectation of life, family, employment and even culture. I live, breathe, and weave around a four county area as a local missionary and have learned of so many supportive faith communities. I meet people who contact me where they are in their 'hike 'o life."

The hats I wear are that of Life Coach, Writer, Speaker, Retreat Facilitator, Pastoral Supply, Prayer Counselor and well, whatever God calls on me to do (I actually get paid to do all of these things, which is awesome, unless you are helping me with my books!) I also work to "tent-make my mission work" as a church secretary for a sweet fellowship pastored by one of my favorite seminary prof's.

So what do I want to be when I grow up? Stay tuned! The goals are big and staying solvent month by month is a huge victory, but as I see my own heart and others hearts change and grow in my daily walk, I realize, I am not working for treasures on earth....I have direct deposit above. Guess that's a pretty sweet ride! Lacing up my hiking boots...on the hike o' life!























Thursday, April 14, 2011

6 DAYS - ROAD TRIP!

 5 You must not sacrifice the Passover in any town the LORD your God gives you 6 except in the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name. There you must sacrifice the Passover in the evening, when the sun goes down, on the anniversary[a] of your departure from Egypt. 7 Roast it and eat it at the place the LORD your God will choose. Then in the morning return to your tents. 8 For six days eat unleavened bread and on the seventh day hold an assembly to the LORD your God and do no work. Deuteronomy 16: 5-8 (TNIV)


Well - none of you defriended me over my outside of tradition position that perhaps Jesus was on the cross on Wednesday instead of Friday!  Thanks all for hearing me at least!  Before I get into today's topic and I am going to keep it brief.  One more tidbit from my research.  Some of you might dispute the Wednesday Crucifixion because of the need to get Christ in the tomb before Sabbath (Saturday) fell.  The thought was that the High Holy Days of the Day of Atonement and Passover were also indeed Sabbath.  As you walk through these last days of Christ's time on earth as human these facts will play out.

MOST BIBLICAL SCHOLARS AGREE THAT JESUS  and the disciples were in Jericho in the weeks before this last Passover, when indeed Jesus became the perfect Passover sacrifice for all who will receive HIM.

If you have time to take today you can read over Luke 18-19 and see what the some of the events were that had just happened.  I find it amazing that the crowds were drawn in Jericho and this is where Zaccheus the cheif tax collector was up in the tree watching Jesus to get a better view.  The climate was one of wonder.

Jesus and the disciples had just wrapped up a lot of ministry and were obediently obeying the scriptures as commanded and noted above in Deuteromony to celebrate Passover, not in the town they were in, but in the place (Jerusalem) where God had allowed His Temple to be established.

And so they begin.  I would ask you to picture it like us wrapping up our jobs to take our Christmas vacation.  The disciples were likely anticpating all they would see as everybody was coming into town.  Jesus himself was probably looking forward to a good long chat with Lazarus, whom he had just raised from the dead in the last few months.  Indeed, the ministry team would be on the move on their two day trip, to the city, for the holidays. 


Making the trip - in the last 6 days




 I thank you all for your patience with my random time of posting each day.  God has me on some pretty intense road trips right now.  I arose early to post this blog before I started a planned day off and was going to have plenty of time to work on our seven day responses and my sermon for this Sunday.  However as soon as my alarm went off, I saw some calls overnight and immediately headed out to spend time with one of God's children who is spending his last days on earth before heaven.  I look at this friend and see how he has spent his last 7 days and now these last hours as his entire family is around him.  He has peace in his spirit and I believe is praying even as his body suffers for Jesus to comfort his family.

It is a journey - and if you are not allowing Christ to be a part of all your difficulties, I pray that you are able to do this on our WAY TO THE RESURRECTION! 

Let's pray....

Lord, I can't imagine how Jesus felt as He was leading his disciples for this last "road trip" of the many they took in three years of ministry all over Isreal, but I do know how I feel today.  I pray for my own understanding to deepen as we ponder your steps, I pray for ________________ and the journey they are on as you led us to the places we can meet you.  I pray comfort over my friend as he is ready to meet you in heaven and comfort on his family as they mourn.   Help us all to PRAISE YOU THIS DAY and sense the many things you are showing us on this hike ' o life.  amen......

Tomorrow - 5 days - dinner with friends.....

1 comment:

preachergirl said...

hey all my apologies - i never even did a check on grammar/spelling - correct me and forgive me - moving on to the rest of my day - love and prayers - the slightly frazzled preachergirl...