welcome to the hike!

Working out the call!

I currently living in Millersburg or as God whispered in me ear four years ago in PA, "the land of my Fathers!" MILLERS - burg! OK! The best way to describe my life of late, is simply "Pastor-at-Large" I live "outside the box" of our usual expectation of life, family, employment and even culture. I live, breathe, and weave around a four county area as a local missionary and have learned of so many supportive faith communities. I meet people who contact me where they are in their 'hike 'o life."

The hats I wear are that of Life Coach, Writer, Speaker, Retreat Facilitator, Pastoral Supply, Prayer Counselor and well, whatever God calls on me to do (I actually get paid to do all of these things, which is awesome, unless you are helping me with my books!) I also work to "tent-make my mission work" as a church secretary for a sweet fellowship pastored by one of my favorite seminary prof's.

So what do I want to be when I grow up? Stay tuned! The goals are big and staying solvent month by month is a huge victory, but as I see my own heart and others hearts change and grow in my daily walk, I realize, I am not working for treasures on earth....I have direct deposit above. Guess that's a pretty sweet ride! Lacing up my hiking boots...on the hike o' life!























Monday, April 11, 2011

How Deep the Father's Love for Us



Sharing a song today that speaks to me so much as we get ready to make the last two weeks of our Lenten journey.  This song "How Deep The Father's Love for Us" is less than 10 years old, yet it sounds to me like a hymn of old.  The writer, Stuart Townend is a British worship lead who has written other beautiful works.

How is your journey going?

My TV discipline isn't even a problem anymore not even tempted to go over.  However all the things I though I would do instead still aren't getting done!  I am however reading a lot more and doing so much research for blogs and sermons right now and all that is coming with ease.

How are the prayers for ___________?

I would challenge you to pray about what God wants you to do in their life to show His Love?

It may mean a frank conversation.

It may mean a card of hope for them about the deep of God's Love at Easter.

It may mean an invitation to church.

If they are in a financial need, it may mean providing assistance.

or

It may mean journaling for yourself about you heart towards them and how it has changed in the last weeks that we have been praying.

THERE IS NO CORRECT ANSWER TO HOW YOUR PRAYERS TO _____________ work out.

Except that you would be obedient to the Holy Spirit stirring within you.


**********************************


I ask for you help with a sermon project I am doing for next Sunday.

My Palm Sunday message as a pulpit supply is going to be called 7 days -

My question is this - If you knew you only had 7 days left in your earthly life,

what 3 things would be most important for you to do before you leave.....

I have had almost a dozen respondents so far - I am going to tally up some survey results and use them as part of my sermon...

So if you are stirred to answer, please email me or message me on face book with your answers.

Believe it or not - no one has mentioned getting all the laundry done!

Don't forget extra prayers for _________________ today.

And carry the worship in your heart all week long!

See you with some great soups tomorrow!

Darcy

No comments: