welcome to the hike!

Working out the call!

I currently living in Millersburg or as God whispered in me ear four years ago in PA, "the land of my Fathers!" MILLERS - burg! OK! The best way to describe my life of late, is simply "Pastor-at-Large" I live "outside the box" of our usual expectation of life, family, employment and even culture. I live, breathe, and weave around a four county area as a local missionary and have learned of so many supportive faith communities. I meet people who contact me where they are in their 'hike 'o life."

The hats I wear are that of Life Coach, Writer, Speaker, Retreat Facilitator, Pastoral Supply, Prayer Counselor and well, whatever God calls on me to do (I actually get paid to do all of these things, which is awesome, unless you are helping me with my books!) I also work to "tent-make my mission work" as a church secretary for a sweet fellowship pastored by one of my favorite seminary prof's.

So what do I want to be when I grow up? Stay tuned! The goals are big and staying solvent month by month is a huge victory, but as I see my own heart and others hearts change and grow in my daily walk, I realize, I am not working for treasures on earth....I have direct deposit above. Guess that's a pretty sweet ride! Lacing up my hiking boots...on the hike o' life!























Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Soups, Soups, Soups and a funny thing happened as I tried to blog!

 Whatever the Lord pleases, He does, in heaven and in earth, in seas and in all deeps.
Psalm 135:6

I got the recipes ready last night, all set to post the last of the soup blogs early this morning.

I did get up on time, actually ahead of on time!  But took long with my Bible reading and had to answer some emails and ran out of time before I left the house on my day off routine of volunteering this am.

What a day!  Mostly good, but not really as planned.  Have you ever had one of those days?

Lots of unexpected curves and spontaneous events that sometimes I would tend brush off and say, NO I HAVE TO KEEP TO MY SCHEDULE, but today had the opportunity for some very meaningful discussions with others and got some important stuff done in my own emotional and physical self care,  I sense that I have accomplished the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS for today.

I haven't even taken a look at my To-DO list for the day yet and in a few minutes it's supper and Bible study after.

But, while I haven't tackled my to do list - I suspect that God is having His way with me today and as I look at it, that is what is most important!

So those of you who have been looking for the blog - here it is!  Thanks for you emails/and concern.  I AM GREAT! 

The recipes are not my own, but ones that have been shared with me by other readers.  I haven't tried them, although I have made one very similar to the tortellini soup, that is a bit pricey to make, BUT QUICK AND DELICIOUS!

PRAY FOR _________________!

and thanks all feedback you have given me on 7 days.  I am compiling it and will be using it in blog next week and in my sermon.

OK  DINNER CALLS ME!  JUST KEEP FOCUSED ON HIM in the crazy old hike o' life!
CREAMY CARROT SOUP
  Here is a Creamy Carrot Soup that is delicious. Combine & Cook till carrots are tender (about 15 min):
3 C peeled diced carrots
2 C chicken or veggie broth
1 med shallot
1 tsp dried tarragon, crumbled
1 bay leaf
pinch nutmeg
Bring all of the above to a boil, when carrots are soft, remove bay lear then put in blender till smooth. Return to original pot on low.
Melt 1 T butter in small saucepan and whisk in 1 T flour. Cook for 1 min. Then Whisk into above carrot mixture. Bring to boil THEN reduce heat to low and stir in 1 C whipping cream and salt & pepper to taste. Add more broth if needed.

 

Creamy Tortellini Soup

Ingredients

  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken or vegetabke broth
  • 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
  • 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 cup shredded carrots
  • 1 -2 cups alfredo sauce (optional)
  • salt and pepper to taste

 Directions

  1. In a large pot over high heat, combine the spinach and chicken broth. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low. Stir in tortellini, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked to desired tenderness.  Season with basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  Add carrots and alfredo sauce and serve when heated through.

No comments: