welcome to the hike!

Working out the call!

I currently living in Millersburg or as God whispered in me ear four years ago in PA, "the land of my Fathers!" MILLERS - burg! OK! The best way to describe my life of late, is simply "Pastor-at-Large" I live "outside the box" of our usual expectation of life, family, employment and even culture. I live, breathe, and weave around a four county area as a local missionary and have learned of so many supportive faith communities. I meet people who contact me where they are in their 'hike 'o life."

The hats I wear are that of Life Coach, Writer, Speaker, Retreat Facilitator, Pastoral Supply, Prayer Counselor and well, whatever God calls on me to do (I actually get paid to do all of these things, which is awesome, unless you are helping me with my books!) I also work to "tent-make my mission work" as a church secretary for a sweet fellowship pastored by one of my favorite seminary prof's.

So what do I want to be when I grow up? Stay tuned! The goals are big and staying solvent month by month is a huge victory, but as I see my own heart and others hearts change and grow in my daily walk, I realize, I am not working for treasures on earth....I have direct deposit above. Guess that's a pretty sweet ride! Lacing up my hiking boots...on the hike o' life!























Saturday, April 9, 2011

GOD things...

***********************


about 6 years ago, we had one of those times where the car broke down, the washer gave out, microwave gave out, taxes due, etc etc etc of course as usual I was trying to figure things out by myself and forgot to pray FIRST. I stewed for about 3 days and then decided to pray about it.My brother came to my door and told me that he was working in the garage and a man stopped and asked if he knew me and gave him an envelope and asked him to give it to me, he asked his name and he just said that I would know who he was and what it was. Rod didn't know him and I don't recognize the description, or the car. There was cash in the envelope and it was exactly enough to cover what was needed. That is a GOD thing!

***********************

at work the other day, I waited on a lady who was visiting the area from out west.  since I am traveling out west to work at a ranch this summer I asked her where she is from and what she does.   She operates a ranch that focuses on children's riding and therapy which is part of my dream for my future and lives only a few hundred miles from the place I will be driving to this summer.   She all but INSISTED that I make arrangements on my drive out to stay at her ranch and check out her operation. That is a GOD thing

**********************

SOMETIMES TO MEET A NEED,


SOMETIMES TO JUST SHOW HIS DELIGHT IN THE DELIGHT OF OUR HEARTS.  GOD


MAKES HIMSELF KNOWN!

A couple of shared GOD things are around times of the transition of life to eternal life...

I heard a minister say it that way once and it has always stuck with me.

Dying is only what our earthly bodies do and in reality the free our spirits of a great weight and bondage for the eternity that we were created for! 

*************************


Here's my most recent God moment...Monday was my friend's dad's funeral. It poured down rain when we went into the funeral service and throughout much of the service. When we left for the cemetery it was almost getting bright outside. We had the service at the cemetery then everyone got in their cars. As all of the car doors were shutting the pouring rain returned and continued through the dinner following the burial and a good part of the afternoon. I told Marion God was watching over Harold that afternoon and let us have his cemetery service in the dry weather.

**************************

I (Darcy) only have one thing to share. I have just begun to help out in the community by being pastor - at - large, if an "unchurched" family would like a pastor to officiate at a funeral.  I got a call the other night.  In speaking with the daughter who had much on her mind, I asked her if she had anything especially from her dad a poem or a scripture to share.  She told me of his troubled life and he beautiful artwork but just kinda told me that whatever I say would be OK with her.  I closed our conversation by asking if I could pray with her (a kinda tough thing over the phone when you hadn't met the person).  As I prayed  for her comfort, I also asked God to make us ready and to bring to mind how we can best honor her dad.  We hung up after the prayer.  Less than two minutes later she called back.  "I have my dad's Bible and it has the footprints poem in it".  I asked her to bring in and praised God!  I love looking at others peoples Bibles, often they contain things that were important to the person.

When I arrived at the funeral home and the daughter gave me the Bible. I was blown AWAY!  Here are some pictures of this precious book.





His beautiful artwork in colored pencil was on EVERY PAGE.  With precision entire passages underline with a line so straight it looked like it had been done at the printers.  Numerous clippings, numerous notes, favorite verses were handwritten and illustrated.  I threw away all the preparation I had done and frankly this lovely man preached his own funeral.  I am still shaking from the experience.  A definite answer to prayer and a definite GOD thing....

but better than evidence that is left

read on for one last GOD thing that is GOD's GLORY FULLY REVEALED




*************************


I will never forget how God held us the day my Mom passed away.  She was so sick, and had such pain.  We had been trying to soothe her for days, with no success. It has been the hardest thing that I have ever had to go thru, because she would beg us to help her and there was nothing that we could do except pray and be there. She had been in and out of herself for three days and didn't really seem to even know who I was anymore but in her last probably 3 minutes she looked at me, thanked me, told me she loved me and was totally herself and her normal voice, then looked up at the corner of the ceiling and smiled, just radiant, and said "Thank you so much for coming to get me..I knew you would come for me" and was gone still smiling. I will never forget it, I know that God gave me that memory to help me be able to get through it.

*************************



So let me just give you the one verse today that I want to share and then we can pray.

Ask and it will be given to you;
 seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you.
For everyone who asks receives;
 the one who seeks finds;
and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.
Matthew 7: 7-8 NIV

Lord I thank you for the open eyes who have reported seeing Your Glorious hand at work in their lives.  We often pray, not out of really wanting what you want, and then are disappointed when our selfish requests have a different answer.

Lord today we are praying for ourselves and for _____________.  That we have the courage to ask to see YOU at work, that we would have the eyes to see what YOU desire us to find and that we would have the strength to knock and pass through the doors you have for us to enter.

All deepening our love and commitment to You

on this HIKE o Life!

Lord I pray a special blessing on all those who shared some very personal things - thank you for their courage to step out and share and show them even more this day.....AMEN

No comments: