welcome to the hike!

Working out the call!

I currently living in Millersburg or as God whispered in me ear four years ago in PA, "the land of my Fathers!" MILLERS - burg! OK! The best way to describe my life of late, is simply "Pastor-at-Large" I live "outside the box" of our usual expectation of life, family, employment and even culture. I live, breathe, and weave around a four county area as a local missionary and have learned of so many supportive faith communities. I meet people who contact me where they are in their 'hike 'o life."

The hats I wear are that of Life Coach, Writer, Speaker, Retreat Facilitator, Pastoral Supply, Prayer Counselor and well, whatever God calls on me to do (I actually get paid to do all of these things, which is awesome, unless you are helping me with my books!) I also work to "tent-make my mission work" as a church secretary for a sweet fellowship pastored by one of my favorite seminary prof's.

So what do I want to be when I grow up? Stay tuned! The goals are big and staying solvent month by month is a huge victory, but as I see my own heart and others hearts change and grow in my daily walk, I realize, I am not working for treasures on earth....I have direct deposit above. Guess that's a pretty sweet ride! Lacing up my hiking boots...on the hike o' life!























Monday, April 18, 2011

SO MUCH TO TELL....

37 “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the one who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing! 38 See! Your house is left to you desolate; 39 for I say to you, you shall see Me no more till you say, ‘Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’”   
Matthew 23; 37-39 (NJKV)


Have you ever had so much to accomplish but seemingly so little time?  I can't imagine how our Savior felt as the scribes and pharisees kept trying to trap him and he had so much to teach and say to the diciples.



This day for Jesus was a day of great disputations
-- a busy, stormy day of public debates with

They challenged the authority of Our Lord…

Our Lord toldthe thinly-veiled parable of the vine dressers…

He answered the question of tribute to Caesar…

the case presented by the Sadducees about the woman with seven husbands and the resurrection… the Greatest Commandment ….

Our Lord questioned them about the "Son of David."

He concluded the debates with a denunciation of the Pharisees and the "Seven Woes,"

He expressed an anguished lament over Jerusalem,

and commented on the widow's mite. Leaving the city,

He crossed over to Mt. Olivet and sadly predicted that there would be left "not a stone 
upon a stone."

Asked about the end of Jerusalem and the world He gave the
eschatological discourse, and told the parable of the virgins to teach watchfulness.

Are you tired yet?  I am!

There are many many scriptures listed below, all are placed in the timeframe of these few days in history!  I list them not because I expect you to read them all in one setting, but so that you can appreiciate the urgency Jesus was working under.  It all was taking place.  Just as God had planned, teaching us, warning us, loving us, making us ready to recieve the greatest love and gift of all....

13. The Final Ministry in Jerusalem
Pericope
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
The Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem
Jesus Weeps over Jerusalem



Jesus in Jerusalem (Cleansing the Temple), Return to Bethany

The Cursing of the Fig Tree


The Second Cleansing of the Temple

The Chief Priests and Scribes Conspire against Jesus


The Lesson from the Withered Fig Tree


The Question about Jesus' Authority

The Parable of the Two Sons



The Parable of the Wicked Husbandmen

The Parable of the Great Wedding Dinner


On Paying Tribute to Caesar

The Question about the Resurrection


The Question about David's Son

Woe to the Scribes and Pharisees

Jesus' Lament over Jerusalem


The Poor Widow's Gift of two Mites



14. The Olivet Discourse
Pericope
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Prediction of the Destruction of the Temple

Signs before the End

Persecutions Foretold

The Desolating Sacrilege

False Christs and False Prophets

The Coming of the Son of Man

The Time of the Coming. the Parable of the Fig Tree

Conclusion. “Take Heed, Watch!” (According to Mark)

Conclusion. “Take Heed, Watch!” (According to Luke)




15. Conclusion of the Account before the Passion
Pericope
Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
The Parable of the Flood and Exhortation to Watchfulness

The Parable of the Good Servant and the Wicked Servant


The Parable of the Ten Virgins



The Parable of the Talents

The Last Judgment


The Ministry of Jesus in Jerusalem



Greeks Seek Jesus; Discourse on His Death



The Unbelief of the People



Judgment by the Word






Have you made your Easter plans?  Have you included _________ in your day?

Lord we pray - guide us - lead us- put the desire within us to obey....

Amen.
the scribes and ancients.

No comments: