welcome to the hike!

Working out the call!

I currently living in Millersburg or as God whispered in me ear four years ago in PA, "the land of my Fathers!" MILLERS - burg! OK! The best way to describe my life of late, is simply "Pastor-at-Large" I live "outside the box" of our usual expectation of life, family, employment and even culture. I live, breathe, and weave around a four county area as a local missionary and have learned of so many supportive faith communities. I meet people who contact me where they are in their 'hike 'o life."

The hats I wear are that of Life Coach, Writer, Speaker, Retreat Facilitator, Pastoral Supply, Prayer Counselor and well, whatever God calls on me to do (I actually get paid to do all of these things, which is awesome, unless you are helping me with my books!) I also work to "tent-make my mission work" as a church secretary for a sweet fellowship pastored by one of my favorite seminary prof's.

So what do I want to be when I grow up? Stay tuned! The goals are big and staying solvent month by month is a huge victory, but as I see my own heart and others hearts change and grow in my daily walk, I realize, I am not working for treasures on earth....I have direct deposit above. Guess that's a pretty sweet ride! Lacing up my hiking boots...on the hike o' life!























Wednesday, March 16, 2011

By practicing your practice: HE WILL PERFECT YOU!

Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.  Philippians 4:9

Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.  Romans 12:13

As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. Luke 6:47

Yesterday I kept hearing the word practice.  My friends blog had the verse from Luke 6:47 cited.  I was using some of my allotted television time to watch the NCAA "play in" and heard the commentators mention the practice habits of the teams and I just pondered these things.

I am going to ask you to ponder a bit your practices today and tomorrow - OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH yes,  a cliff hanger!  More on the greek and perhaps more on how God wants us to understand!

Are you willing to practice your faith today? 

Will one be able to see love by your practices?

Or will someone watch you and see as Jesus said in the verse below?

But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.” Luke 6:49

They Key is GOD KNOWS YOUR HEARTS and even if as you practice (try do it better) God is working on your heart and HE WILL SEE you practicing (putting into action your FAITH!"

LORD LET US BE KNOW BY THE PRACTICE OF YOUR LOVE TODAY!  AMEN! 

more to come!

Be BLESSED as you PRACTICE YOUR PRACTICES TODAY!

No comments: